Great Electronic Drum Kit Choices at a Glance:
|Alesis Nitro Kit | Electronic Drum Set with 8" Snare, 8" Toms, and 10" Cymbals||443 Reviews|
|Roland Electronic Drum Set (TD-11K)||49 Reviews|
|Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set with Drum Throne, Vic Firth 5A...||81 Reviews|
Top 3 Best Electronic Drum Sets Reviewed!
1. Alesis Nitro Kit | Electronic Drum Set
The Alesis Nitro is an all- inclusive 8-piece electronic drum kit which includes all you will prefer to play like an expert. The kit also houses power-packed Nitro electronic drum module that is capable of offering hundreds of percussion sounds, 40 variants of kits and 60 numbers of built-in tracks for random play.
- Dynamic, good quality pads for great feel and spontaneous response
- 8″ high-quality rubber drum pads are used here with 2-zone snare, three single-zone toms.
- The drum set assembly contains a kick pad tower with bass drum pedal
- 10-inch cymbals: it consists of ride cymbal, crash w/choke, and hi-hat,
- The drum set offers stability and flexibility due to its 4-post aluminum rack-super
Alesis Nitro Electronic Drum Set
- Smart and functional
- Instructions are incomplete.
- Pieces are unmarked, and that makes the assembly process a tedious one.
2. Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set
Enhanced with ultra-advanced technology, the Roland TD-11 V-Drums V-Compact Series is an enjoyable percussion set that offers natural and spontaneous playing experience to drummers of all skill levels. This kit is a budget friendly electronics drum option too.
User-friendly enough, this drum set is most suitable for wide array of applications, for example, regular practice, professional teaching, professional recording, live performance, and much more. Take a look at its features.
- The drum offers TD-11 drum sound module with SuperNATURAL technology
- The drum set offers mesh-head V-pad for skillful snaring
- Compact and practical hi-hat combo is a unique feature for rendering powerful performance
- Natural-feel kick pad is an added advantage
- The assembly provides a custom stand for V-compact V-drums.
Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set
- Great sound.
- Double-pedal-friendly and it is versatile
- TD-11 unit is well-positioned and responsive
- The set has an intuitive interface.
- It is light in weight.
- Cymbals require diversity of sound
- The assembly doesn’t include a bass kick.
3. Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set
The Yamaha DTX400K is a custom-enabled electronic drum set and is by far one of the best productions of the brand. This drum set presents balanced, integrated features of a high-quality acoustic drum and sound of percussion along with effects of electronic tone and modern rock drums.
The best advantage of using this set is its broad range of performance that fits newbies as well as skilled drummers. It can be customized to match a specific style. Drummers can practice with it with the help of voice guidance. The set is upgradable with a 3-zone snare, an extra crash cymbal, as well as with real pedal action.
- New DTX400 Drum presents a trigger module with an incredible potential of 297 high-quality sounds
- It is an assembly of 10 professional drum sets under one electronic drum kit
- The assembly includes Tom 7.5-inch pad, Snare 7.5-inch pad, silent kick-unit bass drum-KU100, floor-tom 7.5-inch pad, hi-hat 10-inch pad, hi-hat controlling unit closed/opened/foot spatter accessible, and work as a second bass drum, crash cymbal 10-inch pad, ride-cymbal 10-inch pad
- The drum can be used with ten settings: hard rock, vintage, maple custom, jazz, oak custom, funk, session, R&B, marching, and percussion
- The drum kit includes drum throne, one pair of drumsticks, & JVC stereo headphones full size
- Steel rack offers a solid playing facility.
Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set
- Produces great sound
- Responsive model
- Complicated assembly
If you want to give a mind-blowing performance to your audience in percussion, you have to have the best electronic drum set in front of you.
Finding the perfect set is a matter of extensive homework and research on the quality products in the market. But before you have product specific detail, let’s know first how an electronic drum set works.
Now that we’ve looked at examples of a good drum set, let’s take a look at the benefits to help decide the best drum set for you.
The Benefits of Having a Good Electronic Drum Set
There are numerous types of drums sets on the market. Before you go for a particular product, let’s check the advantages of owning a similar set. You get to enjoy all these benefits if you have the model suitable for you.
- Sonic versatility: This facility will help you to play different styles, and that will help you to play like a versatile master with a single set.
- Recording flexibility: A quality drum set will give you the flexibility of recording of your performance.
- Portability: This is one of the most deserving features of a quality drum set.
- Convenience for live gig performances: you can make a complete performance with full control of produced sound.
How Does an Electronic Drum Set Work?
Electronic drums are made of rubber pad, a mesh head, and sensor fitted underneath the mesh head. If the pad is struck, the sensor sends a voltage value to the module of sound, and the module transcribes the value to trigger a particular sound depending on the feature of the said module.
This specific module also reproduces the speed of the strike into a rhythmic value that is capable of producing louder or softer articulations. The coherence of the articulation is the part of drummer’s performance.
Some electronic drum and cymbal pads are made with multiple sensors fitted at the bottom, and that is the reason a single pad may produce various sounds. This is the reason a cymbal may produce at the same place the sound of an arrow, a bell, or of the resonance of hitting an edge.
Compare other good electronic drum kits:
Verdict: Which Electronic Drum Set Is Your Best Bet?
Out of these three drum set models, Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set and Alesis Nitro Kit | Electronic Drum Set are mostly for beginners, but the Yamaha model can be used by beginners as well as experienced drummers.
However, the Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set is found with maximum features and flexibility. While beginners may go for Roland and Alesis, professionals should count more on the Yamaha model for rendering a blockbuster performance for their audience.
It is always wise to buy a set according to the level of expertise. Suitability and affordability decide the best electronic drum set for you. All three drum sets described here are excellent and versatile according to its users.