Great deals at a glance:
For die-hard musicians, purchasing musical instruments is a serious business. It is an investment especially if you’re spending hundreds of dollars on it.
This is the reason why you really have to think twice before deciding which musical instrument to bring home. That’s why we put together some of the best value electronic drums to make your search for a worthy instrument easier.
Finding the Best Cheap Electronic Drum Sets!
Deciding to purchase an electronic drum set is a big decision especially for those musicians who have already been playing for years.
It’s a big move considering that there is no substantial difference in the cost of an electronic drum set compared to an acoustic drum kit.
If you are one of those music artists who want to have an electronic drum set at home, let us help you figure out the most appropriate brand based on your goals and needs.
Ask the Right Questions
Before you hand over the cash, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself to make sure what you’re buying is exactly what you need.
Is the drum you’ve been dying to buy match the concept of what you want to hear, does it have the right sound? Is the kit within your budget? Can you control the intonation of the instrument?
Do you feel comfortable using and playing the electronic drum set? These questions are vital because the quality of your musical instrument could make or break your performance.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a pro drummer looking for a new instrument, let us help you find the kit for your purpose. Read on and learn about some of the best value electronic drums you can find on the market.
Top 3 Best Value Electronic Drums Reviewed!
1. Alesis DM6 Nitro Kit
- Full-size electronic drum kit
- Upgraded "brain" and drum pads for higher sound quality over standard DM6, with built-in tools for practicing skills
- USB MIDI connection for sound recording and virtual-instrument control on computers and mobile devices
Alesis DM6 Nitro Kit is one of the newest and cheapest drum sets on the market. This eight-piece electronic drum set includes everything you need to play like a pro.
We must say it’s a good deal for beginners who are looking for a perfect set to improve their drumming skills and pro musicians who are searching for instruments that are well-suited for home recording.
Alesis Nitro is easy to set up; no need to configure anything because this product is ready to play right out of the box. You can also customize the setup according to the size of your space.
This is great news for musicians who are on the lookout for a drum set that will not consume too much space in their music room.
Like other brands, Alesis Nitro can be played using headphones or amplifiers. You can also easily connect this instrument to a computer or mobile phone for audio recording.
It comes complete with 40 different kits and 60 built-in play along tracks giving you a lot of options if you’re still in the process of conceptualizing your own tune. You don’t have to download any software because this set readily connects to any PC or MAC device.
This set also comes with impact-sensitive pads, so you will feel like you’re actually playing an acoustic drum set. The only difference is that you can adjust the volume level, tempo, and click track any way you like—features that you cannot enjoy when using traditional drum kits.
- Full-size electronic drum kit
- Has upgraded drum pads for higher quality sound
- Features a USB MIDI connection for easy audio recording
- Can be connected to headphones or amplifiers
- Impact-sensitive drum pads
- Comes with a drum module software
- Has Easy to adjust play-along tracks
- Manufacturer has after-sale technical support
- Bolts become loose after a playing a few tracks
- Poor audio after a few months
2. Hizek Electronic Roll Up Drum
- Musical instrument Design -- 9 velocity-sensitive 0.24in thick drum pads and 2 foot pedals offer you the better experience like the real drum sound.4 tones as choices for you to cooperate with different music.
- Built in Speaker -- Built in dual channel speaker, can output realistic sound quality, you can enjoy the music and will bring you astonishing bass effect, no need to connect with other speakers.
- Work for 30 hours -- Built in 2 packs energy-saving AA batteries, the longest can work for 30 hours, very suitable for children and beginners to use.
Hizek Electronic Roll Up Drum is different from the other electronic drums in terms of setup but almost has the same sound nonetheless. This is a perfect option for musicians who are looking for a practice pad drum set with foot pedals. You can use this drum set for the same purpose such as rehearsing and audio recording without having a giant device.
This drum set can be easily connected to the computer, so you can instantly edit and mix audio live. It works not only via electricity but also using AA batteries giving musicians an option to bring this drum set anywhere. You need good quality speakers to hear its sound; however, you may also use headphones if you don’t want an external sound.
Hizek comes with a variety of great features such as rhythm music, demo drum beats, tempo adjustments, and a record mode. This product can also record and playback your music, so you can instantly listen to your sound and learn where you went wrong.
One of the best features of this product is its mobility. You can fold this drum pad and store it in a handy travel bag if you want to bring it with you. As long as you bring headphone, batteries, and drumsticks along with it, you can potentially play music anywhere you go.
- Nine velocity-sensitive drum pads
- Built-in dual speaker
- Works using AA batteries
- Made from ultra-thin silicon material
- Can be easily connected to devices
- Foldable design
- Parts can’t be replaced once they get broken
- Appropriate to use only for practicing
3. Yamaha DD65 Electronic Drum Pad
- 8 Touch-sensitive drum pads allow expressive playing
- AUX in jack for connecting and playing along with an MP3 player; headphones inside box
- Tempo control using Tap Start
When it comes to high-quality musical instruments, Yamaha has been one of the leading brands on the market. From pianos to electric guitars, this brand never disappoints musicians in terms of price and quality.
And now with the increasing popularity of electronic drums, Yamaha created their own set that truly marks a new standard and definitely adds a new dimension to your drumming.
The Yamaha DD65 Electronic Drum Pad has a reputation for being durable and versatile. It is undeniably a contender if you’re searching for best value electronic drums not only because of its high-quality build but also because it boasts a variety of excellent features.
This product comes with eight-piece pads, multiple tone controls, and configurable foot pedals—a perfect set for beginners and advanced performers.
It has impressive 254 individual stereo sound samples making your drumming experience more fun and exciting. The pad has an internal flash memory allowing you to record up to five minutes of audio without the need to connect the pad to any device. This added feature is great for practicing or even for creating your own song.
It is significantly smaller compared to full-sized drum kits, but it is portable so you can easily bring it with you if you want to play music in different locations.
- Eight thick and touch-sensitive pads that allow for expressive playing
- 254 individual stereo sound samples
- Comes with built-in songs for learning and playing along
- Has a Latin percussion mode that allows playing with hands
- Allows audio recording
- Comes with a headphone jack
- Pads are very small and need to be hit accurately to achieve good sound
- Poor foot pedals
Compare these kits:
Best Value Electronic Drums: Summary
Among the best value electronic drums that we’ve discussed above, we must say that Yamaha DD65 Electronic Drum Pad is the strongest contender.
This is definitely an all-in-one drum set for beginners, hobbyists, and pros looking for an awesome product that can help them play better.
It has powerful features that allow for learning new beats and recording new songs without the hassle of configuring or connecting anything.
And above all, it is less expensive than a full electronic or acoustic drum kit.